Pass It On Awards Program
The Systers Pass It On Awards honor Anita Borg’s desire to create a network of women technologists helping one another. The cash awards, funded by donations from the Systers Online Community and others, are intended as means for women established in technological fields to support women seeking their place in the fields of technology. The program is called “Pass It On” because it comes with the moral obligation to “pass on” the benefits gained from the award.
Pass It On Awards applications are open to any woman over 18 years old in or aspiring to be in the fields of computing. Awards are open to women in all countries for up to $1,000.00 USD. Applications covering a wide variety of needs and projects are encouraged, such as:
- Small amount to help with studies, job transfers or other transitions in life.
- A broader project that benefits girls and women.
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field.
- Assistance with educational fees and materials.
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship.
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing.
2019 Pass It On Award Cycle
All submissions must be in English.
- Applications OPEN, Thursday, December 20, 2018 (12:00 AM UTC-7).
- Applications CLOSE Thursday, March 21, 2019 (11:59 PM UTC-7).
- Reference letters DUE Thursday, March 28, 2019 (11:59 PM UTC-7).
- View >> 2018 Pass It On Award Winners
- Email questions to passiton at anitab dot org.
Note: You will be required to have an address on file before submitting.
Systers Pass It On Award Committee